I wanted to include spare ribs in the menu as I had some in the freezer. These work well on the BBQ but are even better if cooked slowly in the Shuttle Chef so I put together a simple recipe "Andrews Spare Ribs". The reason they are called this is that a Filipino chef who unfortunately is no longer with us taught me how to cook spare ribs this way and guess what his name was Andrew.
- 1 kg Spare Ribs.
- 1 Red Onion chopped
- 500ml bottle tomato ketchup
- 3 cups of water
- 1 magi stock cube
- 2 tbsp Lea & Perrins Worcester Sauce
- 1 cup of Sprite *
- 1/2 tsp salt
* Sprite is used as a tenderiser.
- Put all the ingredients into your thermal cooker.
- Bring top the boil.
- Skim off any impurities that form on the surface.
- Turn down to a simmer and simmer for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes put into thermal cooker outer pot.
- Leave for minimum 3 hours to cook.
- Serve with the lovely rich tomato sauce.