This is a great risotto for those who like Thai flavours. You could substitute or add prawns and the addition of peas would be nice.
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp of Thai green paste
- 3 tbsp of fish sauce
- 225g of risotto rice
- 600ml of chicken stock
- ½tsp of fresh ground pepper
- Put the oil and butter in the inner pot.
- Heat over a medium heat until the butter melts.
- Add the onions and garlic and cook until the onion is soft. Don't let it colour.
- Add the chicken and Thai paste.
- Cook stirring for 1 minute until the chicken is sealed.
- Add the rice and stir well.
- Add the stock, fish sauce and pepper. Stir and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling turn down to a simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Give the mixture a stir before putting on the lid and transferring the inner pot to the insulated outer container.
- Shut the lid and leave to thermal cook without power for a minimum of 1 hour.